Terms and conditions
General Terms and Conditions
1.Introduction. These Terms & Conditions (Conditions) govern the Membership services (our Services) which you are entitled to receive from The Home Office as one of our community members (Member) and form a Membership Agreement. The Services you receive are based on the type of Membership package you wish to take out. We offer Platinum (private office), Gold (dedicated desk), Bronze (hot-desk) and Home from Home (hot-desk) Memberships and various other Products and Services. Our Services are comprehensively described in the information we will provide you with when you join, based on your selection. Details of packages are also available on our website (www.thehomeoffice.com) and in printed Members’ Guides in the building. This information incudes additional rights and obligations on your part and ours in relation to the type of Membership you select (Membership Terms). By using our Services, you are agreeing with The Home Office to comply with:
- these Conditions and
- your Membership Terms (e.g. Platinum, Gold, Bronze, Home from Home, Day Passes and Meeting Room Bookings, etc.) and
- our rules or policies (The Home Office Rules), which we may notify you of from time to time, that relate to our Premises and use of other shared facilities, including our technology platform (Members’ Portal), telephone and IT services.
(our Membership Agreement)
2.About The Home Office.
The Home Office is a trading name of The HO Tring Ltd (Co. No. 11207935) at Pennyroyal Court, Station Road, Tring, HP23 5QY (the Premises). The Home Office provides an environment and office facilities for Members to work, network and grow in a shared professional coworkspace.
3.Our Members. You are agreeing to use our Services and facilities/Premises for your professional business purposes and not as a consumer (as defined in Regulation 4 of the Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013. Your Membership Agreement does not grant you a tenancy over any part of the Premises.
- Member Portal. To use our Services, you will first need to become a Member/register and log in via the Members’ Portal at: thehomeoffice.spaces.nexudus.com.
- Our right to make changes to the Services these Conditions, the Membership Terms or The Home Office Rules and Policies. Our goal is to ensure all Members enjoy our Services which best serve their business requirements in a shared space which is conducive to this. With this in mind, we may make changes to the Services, these Conditions, the Membership Terms (and types of Membership) or The Home Office Rules occasionally, as we consider appropriate in the interests of all Members as well as when necessary to meet our legal and operational requirements. Any changes to the Services, these Terms & Conditions, the Membership Terms or The Home Office Rules will be communicated via the Members Portal and/or via email newsletter, by post or by hand to you or advertised in the Premises. The Home Office Rules may be shared by a combination of means including: in writing, verbally and/or by audio visual means, in our Members Guide, on our website, social media platforms and in newsletters. 6. Your Membership details You agree to provide us with accurate and complete information about yourself when you join as a Member and as you use our Services/Facilities/Premises.
- Membership credentials. You agree not to share your use of The Home Office (including access devices or credentials to the Premises or the Members’ Portal) with anyone else, and not to make any copies of any security pass, keys, keycards, or other means of entry to our Premises (each, an Access Device). You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your login details and security of your Access Device. You must notify us promptly if you suspect your log in details or Access Device have been compromised. Access Devices remain our property, and you must return them immediately upon termination or expiration of your Membership. You may be charged a replacement fee for any lost or damaged Access Devices. Replacement access cards are available to purchase on our Members’ Portal.
- Payments & Terms. You agree to pay us the correct Membership fees and all other sums associated with the type of Membership you have selected or the Products and Services you receive (Membership Fees) as set out in the relevant Membership package. Prices are available on our website www.thehomeoffice.com and in the Members’ Portal. Terms. You acknowledge and agree that your preferred payment method (provided by you on the Members’ Portal) will be automatically charged for the Membership Fees and any other amounts you may incur or be liable for (including for damages caused to our Premises or property) in connection with the Services you use at The Home Office. You must keep your payment information up-to-date and accurate. Your Membership Fees will be automatically charged on the first (1st) of each month unless we notify you otherwise. Your use of the Services and/or Membership may be immediately suspended, and eventually terminated, if your Membership Fees are unpaid for more than 7 days after they are payable. The Membership Fees may be subject to modification or review from time to time, and such modifications will become effective upon your next subscription period. Your continued use of the Services following notice of any such modifications, and through the next payment date, constitutes your agreement to such modified fees. You may at any time cancel your Membership from the end of your current package contract period if you do not agree to any modified fees. Membership Fees are non-refundable. You can do this yourself via the Members’ Portal.
- The Home Office Rules. These are our rules and policies governing your use of the Premises and how you receive our Services, which you can find at the Premises and which you must comply with while using our Services. In general, we expect that you will not do anything that is reasonably likely to be disruptive, damaging or dangerous to us, our employees or agents, other Members, any guests or any other third parties or to any anyone else’s property. If you have questions about The Home Office Rules please refer to our Members’ Guides or contact email@example.com. 11.Service Restrictions. Your Membership is specific to you and your visitors or named Members within your team. You cannot add additional Members to your account or share your account credentials or Access Device with any other individuals unless they are associated with their own Membership package or product. Furthermore, you must not use any Services or any space you reserve or occupy in the Premises in a way which involves frequent use by or visits from Members of the public, without the prior arrangement of Visitor Passes or Meeting Room bookings.
- Access to Desks & any Designated Space.
-a. If under your selected Membership you have purchased a ‘Hot Desk’ or ‘Designated Space’ arrangement, you can access desks or your Designated Space in the Premises during our Regular Business Hours and Regular Business Days.
-b. Use of our desks, are subject to desk availability in the Premises.
-c. “Regular Business Hours” are generally from 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. on Regular Business Days.
-d. “Regular Business Days” are all weekdays, except public and bank holidays.
For details on your specific package access hours, please refer to www.thehomeoffice.com or the Members’ Guide.
- Security. You may be required to present suitable photo identification in order to gain access to our Premises (e.g. a driving licence or passport). For security purposes, we may regularly record via video (CCTV) certain areas of our Premises. If we deem it reasonably necessary, we may disclose information about you to satisfy applicable laws, rules or regulations, legal process or to protect us, our Members, or other individuals, or any of our or their property. It is your obligation to notify any of your guests about this policy.
- Additional Services. Additional Services may be available to you within our Premises, as notified to you from time to time. For more information about additional Services that may be available to you, visit the online Members’ Portal or contact firstname.lastname@example.org, or contact one of the Management Team. Additional Terms may apply to the additional Services, and to the extent you are receiving any additional Services, those Additional Terms are hereby incorporated into these Terms.
- Meeting Rooms and Workspaces. You may use workspace or meeting rooms or other Services in our Premises during Regular Business Hours on Regular Business Days, subject to availability of such workspaces or meeting rooms and your Membership Terms. Use of our workspaces and meeting rooms in excess of any credits (if included in your Membership) would be subject to the standard fees for such Services. Such Fees are subject to change from time to time and can be viewed when booking on the Members’ Portal.
- Post. Subject to our prior approval, you may decide to receive post and packages at our Premises. If approved, we will accept mail and deliveries on your behalf during Regular Business Hours on Regular Business Days. We have no obligation to store such mail or packages for more than thirty (30) days of our receipt or if after termination of your Membership. This facility is to allow you to accept business correspondence from time to time. As such, we have no obligation to accept bulk or oversized mail or packages. For more frequent or higher volume post requirements we offer a Registered Office service, available on the Members’ Portal.
- Property. We are not responsible for any property you leave behind at our Premises. It is your responsibility to ensure that you have retrieved all your personal items prior to leaving. Prior to Membership termination you must remove all your property from the Premises. After providing you with reasonable notice, we will be entitled to dispose of any property remaining in our Premises, and you waive any claims or demands regarding such property or our handling of such property. You will be responsible for paying any fees reasonably incurred by us regarding such removal.
- Damage. You may be held liable (and do hereby authorize us to charge you) for the repair cost for all damage to our Premises and items therein caused by you or your guests or invitees.
- Common areas. Common spaces in our Premises are to be accessed by Members only, and to the extent we permit, your guests, for temporary use and not as a place for continuous, everyday work by any visitor.
- Intellectual Property or information of others. You must not copy or use any information or intellectual property belonging to other Members or their companies, or any of their guests or invitees, including without limitation personal names, likenesses, voices, business names, trademarks, service marks, logos, or other intellectual property, or their business information or personal data, nor allow anyone else to do so.
- Software, applications and internet use. We may need to install software onto your computer, tablet, mobile device or other electronic equipment to enable you to properly receive the Services you have purchased. We may also provide you with technical support at your request. You agree that we (a) are not responsible for any damage to any of your electronic equipment or systems related to such technical support or software installation; (b) do not assume any liability or warranty in the event that any manufacturer warranties are voided; and (c) do not offer any verbal or written warranty, either expressed or implied, regarding the success of any technical support. Furthermore, you acknowledge that you have no expectation of privacy with respect to The Home Office’s internet connection, networks, telecommunications systems or information processing systems (including any stored computer files, email messages and voice messages), and your activity and any files or messages on or using any of those devices or systems may be monitored at any time without notice, including for security reasons and to ensure compliance with our policies, regardless of whether such activity occurs on equipment owned by you or us.
- Pets. You may only bring pets into the Premises with prior discussion and approval from Reception. Please refer to the Members’ Guide for more details on pet access to The Home Office. You must accompany your pet at all times, unless it is in an enclosed space that you have reserved. You will be responsible for any injury or damage caused by any pet you or any of your employees, invitees or guests bring into any Premises. We will not be held responsible for any injury to any pets. We reserve the right to restrict any Member’s or other individual’s right to bring a pet into the Premises at any time, at our sole discretion.
- You and other Members. We do not control and are not responsible for the actions of other Members or any other third parties (including their pets). If a dispute arises between Members or their invitees, guests or pets, we shall have no responsibility or obligation to participate, mediate or indemnify any party.
- Membership termination. Failure to comply with any of the provisions of these Conditions, or at any other time when we in our reasonable discretion see ﬁt to do so, we may, at our sole discretion, restrict your access to the Members Portal and all or any part of the Services and/or suspend or terminate your Membership with immediate effect and without prior notice to you. In addition, we may decline to renew your Membership for any or all Services at the end of your package period for any reason including our commercial convenience as we see fit at our sole discretion. You can cancel your Membership at any time, via your account on the Members’ Portal. Please note that if your Membership was created by a Company, (a) an authorised representative of that Company may at any time terminate your Membership or status as an Associated Person by contacting us, and (b) we may terminate your Membership or status as an Associated Person, even if the Company’s account remains active. Cancellation will be effective immediately upon our receipt of notice of cancellation. We do not provide refunds upon termination or cancellation of your Membership with respect to amounts already paid. You will remain liable for any outstanding Membership Fees and we may exercise our rights to collect any outstanding sums, despite termination or expiration of your Membership or status as an Associated Person. Using Mobile Apps/Systems
- License. If you download any The Home Office/Members’ Portal mobile device application (the “Application”), then, subject to your compliance with these Terms, we grant you a limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable, revocable license to install and use the Application on a compatible mobile device that you own or control for your use, in each case in the manner enabled by us, for so long as you remain in good standing with your Membership. .
- Other Application Terms. You acknowledge and agree that we own all worldwide right, title and interest, including all intellectual property and other proprietary rights, in and to (a) the Application; (b) all related software and technology used by us to provide Application features and functionality and (c) all usage and other data generated or collected in connection with the use thereof. Except as expressly set forth herein, you agree not to license, distribute, copy, modify, publicly perform or display, transmit, publish, edit, adapt, create derivative works from, or otherwise make any unauthorized use of any of the foregoing. In addition, you agree not to reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble, or otherwise attempt to discover the source code or underlying ideas, algorithms or trade secrets of the Application or any other software or technology of ours, except to the extent expressly required by applicable statutory law.
- Use of The Home Office: Name; Photos of the Premises. You may not take, copy or use for any purpose the name “The Home Office” or any of our other business names, trademarks, service marks, logos, trade dress, other identifiers or other intellectual property or modified or altered versions of the same, or take, copy or use for any purpose any pictures or illustrations of any portion of any The HO Tring Ltd properties, without our prior written approval. Limitations of Liability
- We are not liable for actions of other individuals. We do not control and are not responsible for the actions of other individuals using the Services or at our Premises. We do not perform background checks on our users or Members nor do we guarantee that our users’ or Members’ Membership details are accurate. We do informally operate a ‘non-competitive’ Membership base, checking that Members’ professional roles do not conflict. We do not endorse, support or verify the facts, opinions or recommendations of our users or Members.
- Limitation of Liability. To the extent permitted by law, the total financial liability of The Home Office to you (or your employees, agents, guests or invitees) for any reason and for all causes of action, whether in contract, breach of statutory duty, or other legal or equitable theory, will not exceed the total amounts paid by you to us under these Conditions for the product or service from which the claim arose in the twelve (12) months prior to the claim arising. The Home Office will not be liable under any cause of action, for any indirect, special, incidental, consequential, reliance or punitive damages, including loss of profits, loss of contracts, damage to reputation or business interruption, or for the cost of any substitute goods, services or technology.
- For the avoidance of doubt, nothing in these Conditions will exclude our liability for (a) death or personal injury caused by our negligence; (b) fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation or (c) any breach of any implied terms of the Membership Agreement which cannot lawfully be excluded. Indemnification 30.You agree to indemnify us. You will indemnify and hold us harmless from and against any and all claims, liabilities, damages and expenses (“Claims”) including reasonable legal fees, resulting from any breach of your Membership Agreement by you or your Associated Persons, employees or guests, or your or their invitees or pets or any of your or their actions or omissions, and The Home Office will have sole control over the defence of any such Claims. You are responsible for the actions of and all damages caused by all persons and pets that you or your guests invite to enter any of the Premises. You shall not make any settlement that requires a material act or admission by The Home Office, imposes any obligation upon us or does not contain a full and unconditional release of The Home Office, without our written consent. We shall not be liable for any settlement made without its prior written consent. 31.You agree to cooperate with us. From time to time, we may investigate any actual, alleged or potential violations of your Membership Agreement. You agree to cooperate fully in any of these inquiries. You waive any and all rights against The Home Office, and agree to hold us harmless in connection with any claims relating to any action taken by us as part of our investigation. General Provisions 32.Governing Law. Your Membership Agreement and all issues touching or concerning the Services (including non-contractual claims) shall be governed by English law the English Courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction to determine any disputes or differences between us concerning them.
- Entire Agreement. Your Membership Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between the parties and supersedes and extinguishes all previous agreements, promises, assurances, warranties, representations and understandings between them, whether written or verbal, relating to its subject matter.
- Enforceability. If any provision or part-provision of your Membership Agreement is or becomes invalid, illegal or unenforceable, it shall be deemed deleted, but that shall not affect the validity and enforceability of the rest of the other provisions in the agreement (such as outstanding invoices).
No Tenancy or Lease. Your Membership Agreement does not grant to you of any title, lease, easement, lien, possession or related rights in our Premises or anything contained in our Premises. Your Membership Agreement is not intended to create any tenancy or lease (including any security of tenure), leasehold estate, or other real property interest. even if (depending on the level of Membership package you have selected) you are the user of a designated space within the Premises for your business during all Regular Business Hours on Regular Business Days (Designated Space Member) The provisions of the Contract Appendix for Designated Space Members to these Conditions apply to every Designated Space Member whose period of Membership exceeds 6 months (or as a result of a renewal of their Membership period will exceed 6 months) to the extent (contrary to the intention of the parties) occupation of the Premises as a Designated Member is held by the Courts to constitute a business tenancy.
Contacting us. If you have any questions relating to these Terms & Conditions or your Membership Agreement, please contact us at email@example.com.